Makeup is a big weakness of mine. When I walk down the cosmetic aisles of a store, I begin filling my basket like it’s nobody’s business. I just can’t help myself sometimes. My poor husband has spent countless hours following me around Ulta while I test just about every sample in the store. I’m assuming that we all share this weakness, otherwise you probably wouldn’t be reading this post. Makeup is fun! It makes us happy! So why not treat yourself a little every once in a while.
I also don’t discriminate when it comes to makeup. I like high-end brands and I like cheap brands. I like shopping at Sephora and the makeup counters at Dillard’s but I also love make up from Walmart, Walgreens and even the Dollar Store. (Yes, the Dollar Store!) Which leads me to the topic of this post: Drugstore Makeup! Let’s face it…. Not all of us have extra cash to spend on expensive up-scale makeup. And we don’t have to! Drugstore makeup has come a long way and the makeup selection that they have now is even better! Am I the only one that is blown away by the Walgreen’s makeup selection? While it’s nice to treat ourselves every once in a while to a high-end product, it’s not always necessary when there are so many cheaper options out there that are just as great of quality. I’ve pulled out some of my favorite drugstore makeup from my collection to share with you. There are so many great and cheap products out there, but these babies definitely take the cake.
- L’Oréal Paris True Match Liquid Foundation and Blend-able Powder. The liquid foundation is full coverage and blends out really nice. I have been buying the powder for years now. I like to buy it a few shades darker than my skin so that I can use it to contour. They also and the True Match Lumi Foundation which is great if you are going for a dewy look.
- Maybelline New York Dream Liquid Mousse Foundation. I LOVE the coverage and consistency of this! It goes on creamy and has an air brush finish.
- L’Oréal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte 24 Hour Foundation. Well that’s a mouthful! This foundation has been my absolute favorite for the last few months. I like a matte look and this definitely does the trick. And it really does stay on the entire day.
- L’Oréal Paris Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream. I was late to jump on the BB Cream band wagon but boy I’m glad I did. I apply this before my foundation. They have a lot of different options with the L’Oreal BB Creams and the one I use now is the Anti-Fatigue. It can work as a nice primer and it corrects and evens out your skin tone. On days that I don’t wear makeup, I apply this after washing my face to correct my skin tone (I have a lot of redness on my cheeks that I’m not a huge fan of).
- NYX Stay Matte but not Flat Powder Foundation. I carry this in my purse for when I need to powder
throughout the day. I have oily skin so I usually need to powder my face in the middle of the day.
- Maybelline Fit Me Concealer. Now this baby is my all-time favorite I have tried some really nice, high-quality concealers and this one still comes out on the top of my list. It reminds me of the Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer but this one is about $20 cheaper! Who doesn’t love a good dupe!
- Physicians Formula Powder Palette- Mineral Glow Pearls. I love applying this over my bronzer. It makes your skin glow and look sun-kissed!
- Hard Candy Blush Crush Baked Blush. I love baked blushes because they can work as both a blush and highlight. Not only does it apply beautifully but it also lasts a really long time. More bang for your buck! The shade I use is called “Living Doll.” How cute!
- Wet n Wild Eye shadows. I am a fan of all of their eye shadows. They have such a great formula! Wet n Wild also has some of the best eye shadow palettes out there in my opinion. They are very pigmented and blend really well. They also have just about every color under the sun!
- Milani Gel Powder Eye shadow. Not only is the packaging super cute but these eye shadows are amazing! Milani has a huge range of colors in their single eye shadows and they are really cheap.
- L’Oréal Paris 24 Hour Infallible Eye shadow. These are more of a loose pigment type shadows and they are beautiful! A trick that I use with loose pigments: Add eye drops to your makeup brush before dipping it into the pigment. This will seal that color on your lid and prevent it from falling off.
- NYX Infinite Shadow Stick. These are great and really cheap! They look beautiful by themselves but my favorite way to use them is to sweep a shimmer shadow over the top (or really any light colored eye shadow). Having the shadow stick underneath not only works as a primer because the shadow sticks onto it, but it also makes any light color of eye shadow POP!
- Maybelline New York Eye Studio Gel Liner. Here is another holy grain product that I use every single day. I used to wear liquid liner only until I found this. This is literally the best gel liner I’ve ever tried (high-end brands included).
- Maybelline Mascara. All Maybelline Mascara haha! I really haven’t found one yet that I don’t like. My top 3 favorites are the Pumped Up Colossal Volume (the one pictured in the middle), The Falsies Volume Express (the purple one), and good ol’ Great Lash. Great Lash Mascara has been around FOREVER and with good reason. Here’s a great mascara tip: If you have straight lashes that don’t seem to hold a curl even if you use an eyelash curler, use waterproof mascara. The waterproof formula dries in the shape that it is applied. That means that when you’re applying it after you’ve curled your lashes, it will dry to that curled shape.
- NYX Lip Products. I love their cream lip liner. I’m not a huge fan of lip liners mainly because they make my lips feel super dry. This one, however, has a creamy consistency and goes great under all my lipsticks or even just by itself. The shade that I use is “Mauve” and it is a darker nude color. The butter lipstick is really great too! I looks like a lipstick but feels like a creamy lip balm. As for the butter glosses….. Just go buy some. You can thank me later. (I wore that nude color on my wedding day. No lipstick, just the butter gloss.)
- NYX Stacked Mascara. This stuff is awesome if you are looking to add some volume to your lashes. I coat this on over my Maybelline mascara (after it has dried) and it instantly makes my lashes look fuller.
- Revlon Color Burst Lip Butter. These are my babies. While I don’t wear lipstick often, when I do I usually choose one of these. I LOVE the way they apply. They aren’t too sheen but not matte either. I like all of the colors they have in this collection but the two in the picture are my favorites for summer time.
Most of these, I have been using for several months and some even for years. That’s how much I like them! (And my budget likes them too!) Yes, there are fabulous high-end makeup products and some of them are worth the investment, but there are just as great drugstore products out there too! I hope this list was helpful. Comment below with some of your favorite makeup products!
Related Posts: The Ultimate Cheat Sheet for Makeup, 5 Products that will take your Skin to the Next Level, First Impression: Loving Tan